Saundersfoot.co.uk e-mail alias - Terms &
As at 15th January 2007
1. Description of e-mail alias Service
Saundersfoot.co.uk agrees to provide to the
Subscriber an e-mail alias which shall be directed to an
e-mail account of the Subscriber's choice for an agreed
set-up fee for one year.
We will not provide an e-mail account or access to the
internet to the Subscriber in this Service.
2. Restrictions on e-mail alias naming
The restrictions on the format of e-mail aliases are as
- The maximum username length is 25 characters;
- The only characters allowed are lower case letters
(a-z), digits (0-9), the hyphen (-) and the dot (.);
- Named person addresses should take the form -
Other usernames may be accepted but at our
- Business / service usernames will be accepted but be
charged at the higher rate.
e.g. Business :
e.g. Service :
- No offensive language or swear words are allowed to
form part of the address;
3. Acceptance of applications
- Applications for e-mail aliases will only be accepted
from the holders of the e-mail account destinations
- E-mail aliases are offered on a first-come first-served
- Applications for aliases identical to existing e-mail
addresses, or to aliases already chosen, will not be
granted. In such cases applicants will be assigned
aliases with a digit appended to the username part.
- Acceptance of the Terms & Conditions by the
Subscriber is implied in the receipt by us of an e-mail
- We reserve the right to refuse any application at our
- For the purposes of the Data Protection Act, in accepting
the Terms & Conditions, the Subscriber agrees to
their details being stored on a computerised database.
- The e-mail alias, along with the Subscriber's name, will
be entered into the Saundersfoot.co.uk e-mail
directory unless specifically requested otherwise by the
- We reserve the right to change the Terms & Conditions
at our sole discretion and without prior notice. Any
decision made by us in relation to this Service shall be
final on all matters.
4. The use of your alias address
- Use the correct form of address.
Usernames are case sensitive. It is a convention that
they are written all in lowercase. The automatic
redirection only works when the e-mail has been addressed
using the correct case (i.e. lowercase).
If someone sends you an e-mail addressed to Joe.Bloggs@saundersfoot.co.uk
and your redirection is set up for email@example.com
the mail will not be filtered, and will remain at our
We will endeavour to forward e-mails which come astray,
but this is done manually.
Any e-mail forwarded in this manner will obviously be
delayed - therefore use lower case letters only.
- Loss or delay of e-mail
We accept no responsibility for the loss or delay of any
e-mail sent to the alias, nor for any losses incurred,
consequential or otherwise.
- e-mail interception
From time-to-time, where messages
have come astray and require forwarding to the correct
address or returning to the sender, it may be necessary for e-mail to be
intercepted by us. Messages will only be
intercepted for the purpose of manual redirection. We
will not intentionally monitor or disclose any private
e-mail message unless required by law, regulation, or
court order. We will use reasonable diligence to maintain
the confidentiality of e-mail, but the Subscriber
acknowledges that third parties may attempt to breach the
confidentiality of e-mail - which is out of our control.
- Net Abuse
The Subscriber agrees not to engage their alias
in any Net Abuse that they may choose to partake in.
For the purposes of the Terms & Conditions, Net Abuse
includes, but is not limited to, the following :
- Chain Letters and Pyramid-Selling Schemes
As in the postal mail system, but using e-mail as an
- Unsolicited Commercial E-mail
Unsolicited Commercial E-mail is advertising material
received by e-mail without the recipient either requesting
such information or otherwise expressing an interest in the
Similar to the above UCE but not attempting to sell
anything. Its sole purpose is usually to annoy.
- Forged headers and / or Addresses
Forging headers or messages means sending mail such that
its origin appears to be another user or machine, or a
Mail bombing is the sending of multiple e-mails, or one
large e-mail, with the sole intent of annoying and / or
seeking revenge on a fellow Internet user.
The sending via e-mail of any item which it is illegal to
send or possess. This includes material which is prohibited
under the various Acts of Parliament dealing with material
sent over a public telecommunications network, notably the
- Breach of Copyright or Intellectual Property
The sending of Copyright material or Intellectual Property
via e-mail without permission to do so.
5. Legal obligations
- The Subscriber undertakes not to use the alias for any
illegal or unlawful purpose.
- We reserve the right to co-operate with law enforcement
officials investigating suspected illegal or unlawful
activities involving an e-mail alias account. Such
co-operation may include, but not be limited to, the
disclosure to investigating officials of Subscriber's
- The Subscriber is solely responsible for the use of their
e-mail alias and for all interaction that they have with
those they correspond with.
- We are not responsible for any damages that may arise
from the use of the Service, and the Subscriber agrees to
indemnify us should any such damages arise from their use
of the Service including defence of allegations with
respect to their violation of the terms of this
6. Account activation
- Confirmation that your redirection facility has been
enabled will be sent to your host e-mail account no later
than 28 days after payment has cleared.
- All e-mail sent to the redirection address before
confirmation has been sent will be returned to sender or
lost, so please do not use the service until confirmation
has been received.
- The contract is for one year starting from the date that
the account set up confirmation is sent to the
7. Account destination transferral
- You may from time-to-time transfer the destination of
your redirected e-mail. This is achieved by sending an
e-mail (from the current destination account) stating your name, e-mail alias and new
destination address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bear in mind that transferral can take up to 28 days to
be implemented, so please apply in good time.
8. Account renewal and cancellation
- We will send an e-mail to you with renewal details
shortly before the agreement is due to expire.
- The subscriber may cancel their e-mail alias account at
any time by sending an e-mail (from the current destination account) stating their name and alias
address to email@example.com.
However, e-mail alias fees are not refundable. Also,
keep in mind that once your e-mail alias is cancelled,
any e-mail sent to the alias will be returned to the
sender or lost.
- We reserve the right to withdraw and cancel the e-mail
alias facility from subscribers who are in breach of the
Terms & Conditions.